Notes to visitors
Emergency Response Level - Notes to patients and visitors
In response to the emergence of “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)”, the Hong Kong Government has activated the Emergency Response Level.
Kindly refer to these notes if you plan to make a visit to our hospital.
Notes to patients and visitors COVID-19 Outpatient Service
General Information to patients and visitors
- Please check with our staff for the latest hospital’s visitation policy prior your visit.
- Please be reminded that a rapid antigen test (RAT) is required to be done at Gleneagles on the same day of admission or upon registration for admission if you have a fever OR any symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection OR contacted with any confirmed/suspected COVID case OR have a clustering phenomenon in the past 48 hours. If RAT is not done as required, single-room placement and charges will be incurred while the planned operation may need to be postponed or cancelled.
- For the protection of all, all visitors are required to follow the hospital’s visitation policy and visit at designated times only or they may be denied visitation.
- Sick persons, children under 12 years of age, and pregnant women are not recommended to enter the hospital for visiting.
Visiting Arrangements and Infection, Prevention and Control measures
- Visiting hours : 08:00 - 20:00
- Only 2 visitors are allowed to stay in the room at a time.
- Visits are not recommended for people who are symptomatic such as fever, respiratory symptoms or with other COVID-19 related symptoms at the time of visiting or who had close contact with a confirmed case.
- Maintain good personal and hand hygiene practices at all times.
- Perform hand hygiene before leaving the patient room by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Wear a surgical mask at all times in hospital areas is recommended, especially those who presented with respiratory symptoms.
Guidelines are subject to change to reflect the latest COVID-19 situation in Hong Kong.
With effect from 3 March 2023